Sunday, January 11, 2009

What God Has NOT Given Us Y'all!!!!


Hey Y'all! In case I have not told you in the last few months, let me just say thanks for stopping in on occasion to read this blog! Because I have a counter, I know there are lots and lots of folks who read, even if they do not always make a comment. I realize that I honestly do not have time to do a blog, but feel strongly led by the Lord to do so, and I just love pondering from week to week as to what He wants me to gab about! Sometimes He just lays a topic heavily on my heart, sometimes the ideas are spurred from a conversation with a friend, and sometimes they simply reflect where I am in my daily life. Whatever the catalyst, I earnestly pray that He will use my bantering to touch, bless, or encourage the reader. Even if it is just one.

I had to miss our regular church services yesterday because I have some sort of cold/virus. Nothing horrible, but I did have a fever, and did not want to share whatever it is with the church family I love so much! I really hated missing yesterday! We had the closing Solemn Assembly service. (See last post) I worked very hard to get the set just right last week. Couldn't wait to see folks nailing their burdens to the huge 13 ft. cross I lugged center stage!! What a cool idea......physically, although symbolically, laying all our cares, worries, longings, and fears at the foot of the cross. Realizing that God loves us so much that he sent his only son to die on a cross, so that we might live! Jesus said," I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly". - John 10:10

As I continued to fast sugar, pray, and think about what God was calling me to lay at his feet or commit to change this Sunday.....I pondered several things. Some small, some not so small. Some burdens that I have carried for years, and some fears acquired by simply listening to the news and other sources that emphasize how fragile they believe we have currently become as a nation. The latter being really heavy stuff that I have lived enough life to realize that I have absolutely zero control over!

It is not that I am not concerned, or that I plan to just sit back and forfeit my right as an American citizen to make my voice heard. Not at all. I love being heard!! Nope, my lack of panic is more about that big ole cross I lugged center stage this week. (Well, technically not THAT cross, but THE cross....y'all know what I mean!) Go back and read John 10:10 again. He came that we might have life more abundantly! Does that mean that we will not have turmoil, sorrow, concerns? Definitely not!! That big ole cross just means that He loves us so much that NO MATTER what comes our way, He will handle it. Period.

Precious ones, don't let the fear of the unknown blind you from the blessings of the One we know as our Savior and Lord Jesus! He can handle it ALL.....I promise! How can we be a witness of the hope and love and trust that we have in our Lord if we cannot live it in our lives everyday? This is one of Satan's greatest tools y'all!!

One of the most incredible promises of the word that I cling to daily is this: For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. - 2 Timothy 1:7

In preparation for yesterday's service, all of last week, I "Just said no to Sugar" and searched and prayed. As a result, I was convicted that one of the things I would have physically nailed to that cross yesterday, (instead, I relinquished in my heart) was to "Just say no to Fear"....."God hath NOT given us the spirit of fear".....

And if He did not see fit to give to me, I surely must not need it!!!

Fearless Blessings, Y'all!

~Scarlett

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fabulous post! I need to remind myself of those verses often. Thank you for bringing us some great truths.
-FringeGirl

Susanne said...

Got some lemonade for you over at my blog. Come and get it! ;-)

Anonymous said...

BEAUTIFUL! VERY well said! Gosh...what would I do if I had no fear...there's so many I could list. LOL

Darryl said...

One of my favorite, and most comforting verses, is John 16:33 . . .

"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."

Scarlett said...

Darryl, that is another one of my all time favorites!!

Melanie Turner said...

Thank you for that uplifting post. Fear is a biggie, & you hit all the right points. We just need to leave it at the cross!

Anonymous said...

Oh Susanne beat me, but I made some lemonade for you too friend! You are just that lovely and loved:)

christina said...

Oh Scarlett, I needed to read that. And I will read it again. Fear does not keep you as safe as faith!


Our 25th Wedding Anniversay in NYC

Tuesday Morning Mammo Photo

Tuesday Morning Mammo Photo
Are you sure that is my boobie pic hanging up on that wall???

How Bountiful Are Your Gifts, Oh Lord!

Re-Honeymooners

Re-Honeymooners
On the beach at Litchfield