Friday, December 5, 2008

Christmas Vacation











The past few days have me scratchin' my noggin'
How to get it all done, and still keep on bloggin'
Been trimming five trees and decking the halls
Got Christmasy things all over my walls

Been building the sets for the upcoming show
Gathering the costumes, with props still in tow
Trusting the lights and the sound to the pros
Just hoping they're able to get me some snow

Been trying to take time to make me list
Keep fearing there's something important I've missed
Cause one day of shopping is not near enough
To gather the presents and wrap all the stuff

What was I was thinking, must of had a brain-farty
When I offered to host the work Christmas party
There a wedding and a birthday amidst all the fuss
As if all of the other was not quite enough

Just glad we're all well, and able to bustle
Cause to get it all done, we will all have to hustle
So don't think I've kicked it if posts don't appear
I promise to catch up the first of the year

Happy Holiday's Y'all!
~Scarlett

6 comments:

Darryl said...

Don't fret my friend
if your head is astir;
The decorations look great,
as do the firs.

Love the sets and props
you've placed in the church;
You're a trustworthy soul,
never to leave us in a lurch.

Parties, gatherings and fellowships
are great;
Don't get so overwhelmed
that you can't celebrate.

Your posts will be missed,
with great ramblings and musings;
Please take time to reflect,
so thoughts you aren't losing.


Be sure to relax,
spend time with your loved ones;
and remember that it's all
due to the Son.


Y'all have a great weekend, and we'll see you on Sunday!

Darryl

Melanie Turner said...

You said brain farty! You are too funny...

Anonymous said...

That's some good poetry! Nothing that comes out of my mouth is poetic...you're good. This December seems especially busy for some reason.

Anonymous said...

Can I help you with anything? I LOVE to wrap Christmas presents!!!

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to say Thank You for the little rhyme you left me the other day. It was great! I'm so impressed by this talent...

Anonymous said...

Miss your blog, but looking forward to iChristmas!


Our 25th Wedding Anniversay in NYC

Tuesday Morning Mammo Photo

Tuesday Morning Mammo Photo
Are you sure that is my boobie pic hanging up on that wall???

How Bountiful Are Your Gifts, Oh Lord!

Re-Honeymooners

Re-Honeymooners
On the beach at Litchfield