Friday, September 5, 2008

He's the Weatherman.....

So, here I sit....with my computer in my lap, my dogs snuggled close beside me, a very scrumptious smelling pot of Lucky Spaghetti #8 (see earlier post) on the stove, and the rain coming down. Tropical storm Hanna twirling and hurling her outer bands of rain in our direction. Like most in our area, I have kept the television on and the Internet up, constantly checking her status. So much media coverage...gotta love technology!!

Having made the obligatory journey to the grocery store and gas station earlier in the day, (amidst hoards of others doing the same), I had most of this afternoon to simply take it easy and wait. Would she gain strength and become a category 1 Hurricane? Would she make land fall near our condo at Litchfield? And what about Hurricane Ike..Yikes!! Taking my "Worry Wart" tendencies into consideration, I am doing pretty well... Maybe because I not only listened to Pastor Bill's sermon this past Wednesday night, but maybe I am actually applying it!! God is in control...of even the most minute detail....so I am sure a weather event the size of Hanna garners His attention :)

I often find myself, lately, quoting a line from one of my favorite Keith Green Songs....."....I'll just keep doing my best, pray that its blessed, and He'll take care of the rest....yes, the Lord said He'll take care of the rest....." So, today...I did my best....I started my day off with prayer and a quiet time with the Lord....I accessed the situation of the day before me, did my part by preparing my home and belongings and family to do what I could to keep us safe....I did my best......and now, I am trusting Him to take care of the rest.....

Interestingly enough, as the chorus of the song continues to fade, Keith sings...." Yeah, He'll take care of the rest, He'll see you through it....(and he throws in this cute little echo....)....He's the weather man....".....I'm thinking the Lord might have had Keith do that just for me :).....After all He is the Lord of even the most minute detail!!

I praise Him in the storm.....even when her name is Hanna, or Ike , or Josephine, or........


Showers of Blessings, Ya'll!
~Scarlett

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad the storm was not too bad! We love Keith Green so much, and miss him!!


Our 25th Wedding Anniversay in NYC

Tuesday Morning Mammo Photo

Tuesday Morning Mammo Photo
Are you sure that is my boobie pic hanging up on that wall???

How Bountiful Are Your Gifts, Oh Lord!

Re-Honeymooners

Re-Honeymooners
On the beach at Litchfield