Sunday, August 31, 2008

Tennis, Anyone??

I love watching tennis! Notice I said watching, not playing. Not that I would really know, as I have never actually played tennis.....Unless you count the Wii...I did play a few games....and was doing pretty well...until...well.... let's just say I kinda got caught up in the game....and I was swinging my Wii racket like a WILD woman...(as if swinging harder would actually help me play better in a video game)....And as a result, I hit my friend smack dab in the top of her head....full force...I'm talking I could almost see the stars and tweedy birds flying around her poor little battered noggin... (I truly am sorry Cindy! The huge knot was not THAT noticeable!)...and I still missed the game point!! I also woke up the next morning with a horrible, acute case of "tennis shoulder"!! I can only imagine what I could hurt if they let me loose on a real tennis court with a real racket and real people! SCARE-REE!!

I got caught up into "spectator tennis" by default. Both of my babies were late summer babies (1987 and 1989)...so in that first month of life, where all they seem to do is nurse....it was too hot to take such a small infant out, so I spent much of my time in front of the the TV, nursing. Mark, my husband, played tennis at the time, and so he started watching the US Open.

"Tennis?? Yuck!!!, Nooooooo", I think was my exact post-partum reply. But I had sat there for what seemed liked days upon days...and had seen most everything I wanted to see, so I let him turn the channel..... I initially only agreed to watch it because I thought Andre Agassi was really hot! But like any good sporting event....if you start to learn the rules and the players, you can easily be "sucked into" the sport....and in no time, I was! I eagerly looked forward to the baby's next feeding! (I think Josh tripled his birth weight before his 3 month check up due to my allowing extended feedings during The Open!)

So by default, (and a little force from my hubby), I ventured down a trail I had no intention of ever trodding....I just knew I would hate it... but, after I quit spitting and complaining,...guess what...I LOVED it!

Many things have changed in the last two decades.....My babies are not nursing anymore....Mark can't seem to find time to play tennis, and Andre Agassi cut his hair!!!! (Completely slashed his "hotness" factor in half for me :).....and I do not particularly like long hair on men...go figure???) But here's the cool thing....I still love to watch tennis and have not missed a US Open or Wimbledon in 21 years!! And to think I would have missed all that enjoyment if it had been left to my own likings and my own design!

Are you feeling forced or trapped into a particular situation in your life right now? Are you taking an unplanned "rabbit trail" that was in no way on your life map and are wondering why? I encourage you to talk to God about it....ask Him what it is you are supposed to be learning...or better yet...ask Him to show you what blessing He has in store for you as you walk along that undesired path. He's right there with you every step of the way.

Gotta scoot...Andy Roddick is down in the third set!!

I sure am thankful God is always in my court.....

Game point, Y'all!
~Scarlett

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for encouragmet dear.


Our 25th Wedding Anniversay in NYC

Tuesday Morning Mammo Photo

Tuesday Morning Mammo Photo
Are you sure that is my boobie pic hanging up on that wall???

How Bountiful Are Your Gifts, Oh Lord!

Re-Honeymooners

Re-Honeymooners
On the beach at Litchfield