Monday, August 18, 2008

Melody

Melody is Twenty-One Today

It’s a Girl! I can still hear him say
Beautiful, pink, dark hair with a gentle wave
Our first glance, took our breath away
God’s blessed us so, in such a special way


Little Girl, as I watch her play
Hide and seek with little brother, her pig tails sway
Tickle me Daddy, then a story okay?
Little Princess and a brave Knight to save the day


Pretty Girl, almond eyes of sparkling grey
More a woman than a child as she drives away
School and a boyfriend to see to today
Choices call in fascinating ways

Gorgeous Girl, wore a white veil today
Can’t believe how quickly time slips away
Wise beyond her years in many ways
We’re so proud of the choices she’s made

She’s our Girl, we will always say
Beautiful, pink, dark hair with a gentle wave
Every glance still takes our breath away
God’s blessed us so in such a special way


~Happy 21st Birthday Melody! You will always be our little girl!
We love you so much and thank God for you everyday....
~Mom

2 comments:

McQueens said...

What a sweet poem! It made me think about my 2 girls and how fast they are growing up. Thanks for sharing that.

Melanie Turner said...

Oh how sweet! I can't believe your baby girl is 21. It makes me so aware that every day is precious with my little ones...cause they don't stay little for long.


Our 25th Wedding Anniversay in NYC

Tuesday Morning Mammo Photo

Tuesday Morning Mammo Photo
Are you sure that is my boobie pic hanging up on that wall???

How Bountiful Are Your Gifts, Oh Lord!

Re-Honeymooners

Re-Honeymooners
On the beach at Litchfield