Friday, November 21, 2008

Count Your Blessings Y'all!

Happy Pre-Thanksgiving! My, how the holidays are rapidly approaching.... Ready or not, here they come!

One of my favorite things to do in the blogosphere is visiting blogs who have "Thankful Thursdays". There is something quite humbling about experiencing the gratitude of others. It helps keep me in check with what really matters. (Like realizing that my "want' for new hardwood floors....IS TRIVIAL in the whole scheme of things when you consider our present economy.) I am reminded as I browse and blog, that simply having a roof over my head is a blessing not be taken for granted! Foreclosures are at a record high, already surpassing last years final total, and with unemployment also at an unimaginable high, they look for the foreclosure total for this year to topple the 3 million mark!

So as I sit here in my warm house, with food in my pantry, enough money in my bank account, a vehicle in my garage, a happy, loving, healthy husband who is employed....healthy, thriving, loving kids....incredible friends and family, and an amazing, God-loving church family.....I am almost at a loss for words to my GRACIOUS heavenly Father God, to adequately provide explanation of the gratitude I feel!

So until the economy gets better, I am keeping my trap shut about the new hardwood floors!!

What about you? What are you most thankful for during this particular Thanksgiving season? I would love to hear!

Keeping an attitude of gratitude y'all!
~Scarlett

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's hard sometimes to NOT be focused on ourselves and the things that we REALLY want! I know I do the same thing. I'm just thankful the ROOF over my head doesn't LEAK anymore! THANK YOU GOD FOR THOSE 2 BEAUTIFUL MEXICAN MEN THAT FIXED IT FOR ME! BLESS THEM RICHLY!

And your post reminds us that things are shaky right now. I want to hold onto what I HAVE, so I will be content with that.

Anonymous said...

awwwwwwwww...I would not mind in the LEAST! Thank you!

I really enjoy your blog!

Anonymous said...

I'm really thankful for my children's health. I have a friend whose little girl has cancer and that's made me think alot about my kids and how grateful I am that they're healthy.

Darryl said...

The past year holds several objects of thanksgiving for our family, Scarlett. My top three include healthy children, incredible wife, and God's Grace, all of which have made me a better person. Another thing I am thankful for is fellowship via the internet!

You can see the rest of my yearly thanksgivings at http://lifeslessons-dbridges.blogspot.com/2008/11/cops-cuties-and-christ-ten-things-from.html

See you on Sunday!

Darryl

Cookie Cawthon said...

I am thankful for the grace and mercy that I need so badly every day!!!! I am thankful for the health and safety of my family, the love of my loved ones when I am often unlovely, and the privilege to serve a God that is indescribably clever, creative, and perfect! I'm also thankful for yummy smelling goodies baking in my mom's kitchen and laughter that makes me lose my breath.


Our 25th Wedding Anniversay in NYC

Tuesday Morning Mammo Photo

Tuesday Morning Mammo Photo
Are you sure that is my boobie pic hanging up on that wall???

How Bountiful Are Your Gifts, Oh Lord!

Re-Honeymooners

Re-Honeymooners
On the beach at Litchfield