Monday, November 10, 2008

Courtney Better Buy Some Butter!!!!


Hey Y'all!

Congratulations to Courtney....winner of the Paula Deen Christmas Cookbook! Courtney guessed that I had 7 truths, 3 lies, and 2 half truths. Now....take a look and see how close you were in your guessing!


1. I am a direct descendant of General Robert E. Lee. Lie.... Not that I know of anyway!!


2. I have 3 dogs, 1 grand-puppy, and 1 cat. Half-Truth.... I do not have a cat....I would love one...but Mark says if I bring home one more critter, he will leave!

3. My favorite food is sushi. Lie....Cannot bring myself to eat raw fish....must be due to the parasite class I took in nursing school!!

4. I competed in the Mrs. South Carolina Pageant. Truth....Many years and many pounds ago!!

5. I sing, play piano, and guitar. Truth.

6. I once sang back up for Larnell Harris and Sandi Patti. (I wish!) Lie.....Although we did share the same vocal coach at one time!

7. I once fell into the orchestra pit during a dress rehearsal and had 12 staples in my head....and still did not miss a single performance. Truth. Sadly, I am a klutz.

8. I organize my sock drawer by color and style of sock. Truth. I am also a bit OCD!

9. I fell into a trash dumpster my first day of college. Truth. Like I said, I am a klutz.

10. I wore orthodontic braces as a child and then again as an adult. Half Truth. I only wore braces as an adult.

11. Josh Turner (country singer) once asked for my autograph. Truth. When Mark and I were signed with the record label, we did a concert at Union Baptist Church, and while we were there a friend introduced us to this little guy (he was probably 8 or 9) that "sang like Johnny Cash" and wanted to sing country music.....we autographed one of our CDs for him.....whoda thunk it??

12. I once took 24 ladies to Baltimore for a week long, live taping of Beth Moore's "The Patriarchs" and appeared in the bible study video. Truth. It was one of the most amazing weeks of my life!!

Thanks to all of you who played along! And Courtney, I will facebook you and arrange delivery of the cookbook!

Think I will hold off running for office!!

And remember....Jesus is the TRUTH....He is the light and the way....No lies, No half truths...he is the real deal......count on it!

Happy Cooking Courtney!
Scarlett

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ding Dang.....I was close :)

Melanie Turner said...

I thought I knew you better than that. Bummer! Guess we need to hang out more. :)

Anonymous said...

OMG I LOVEEEEEEEE Beth Moore bible studies!! OK, I'll have to look for you in the video! LOL

Lindsey Adams said...

hey, I was going to say - if you really wanted a cat, i'm moving and need to find something to do with Suki...


Our 25th Wedding Anniversay in NYC

Tuesday Morning Mammo Photo

Tuesday Morning Mammo Photo
Are you sure that is my boobie pic hanging up on that wall???

How Bountiful Are Your Gifts, Oh Lord!

Re-Honeymooners

Re-Honeymooners
On the beach at Litchfield