Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Happy Birthday to My Favorite Turkey :)

Hey Y'all! The official holiday bustle has begun! Christmas is one month from today, Thanksgiving is the day after tomorrow, and today is my wonderful husband's birthday! Yep, my Knight in shining armor....better known as Mark....catches up with me today. That's right...I am 5 months older (to the day) than Mark. We were born in the same year, at the same hospital, went to the same schools, and graduated together...but he still has a good time poking fun at me about robbing the cradle! We have been best friends since we started singing together when we were 12 years old...we married at 19....and last May celebrated our 26th wedding anniversary! And we still cannot get enough of each other!

Because he has a November 25th birth date....from time to time it actually falls on Thanksgiving. And while Thanksgiving is a national holiday, and was not set aside in honor of giving thanks for Mark Knight.....I must say, having him in my life, is one of the things I am most thankful for every year. He is an incredible man. He loves me unconditionally, and only loves God more than me....and I think that is WAY sexy!! He is my partner in life. He is the spiritual leader of our family. He is my friend, confidant, and playmate. He is a loving, giving, guiding father to our kids. He is a hard working small business owner. He is a praise team singing, pool cleaning, doggie taker outer hunk of burnin' love :) Need I say more?

And while it should be, by now, clearly obvious to anyone reading this, that I am hopelessly still head over heels in love with him...just to further clarify....I am.

I thank God for him daily. So many of the blessings on my list (come back on Thanksgiving to check them out)....are because of my favorite Birthday boy. He spoils me so!

So here's a shout to my honey! (Hope you are ready for our Birthday/Thanksgiving feast tonight! The turkey sure smells good steaming in the oven right now. Gonna fill up the jacuzzi with bubbles and light the bathroom with candles.....) I will let Mark decide what we should do next....after all...it is his birthday!

Happy 46th Birthday my love!

Later Y'all....got some birthday details to attend to....
~Scarlett

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Mark! I would say to enjoy your special day, but it sounds like you already are.

Darryl said...

Happy (belated) Birthday, Mark! Kris is older than me as well, which surprises many people because she looks about 10 years younger than I do!

Hope you guys had a great Birthday, and a have a wonderful Thanksgiving!


Our 25th Wedding Anniversay in NYC

Tuesday Morning Mammo Photo

Tuesday Morning Mammo Photo
Are you sure that is my boobie pic hanging up on that wall???

How Bountiful Are Your Gifts, Oh Lord!

Re-Honeymooners

Re-Honeymooners
On the beach at Litchfield